You think you’ve heard and seen the weirdest, strangest things like powdered eggs and an app that allows people to request another person, a stranger, to wait in line for them at a restaurant so they do not have to. Well, you haven’t seen this list of the oddest laws in California that is definitely up there on our list of “what, really?” Check them out:
● Women may not drive in a housecoat.
● No vehicle may go faster than 60 miles per hour without a driver.
● Residents in Blythe may not wear cowboy boots unless they own at least 2 cows.
● People in Carmel cannot go outside wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
● If you want a pet rhino in Norco, you must get a permit first.
● There is no annoying of any lizards in Fresno parks.
● In Eureka, any man with a mustache is not allowed to kiss a woman.
● In Glendale, cars may not be driven in reverse.
● It is illegal to pour salt on a highway in the Hermosa Beach area.
These are some of our favorite but the list definitely goes on. Some of these laws have just been worded oddly and some are just plain weird and interesting.
Yes, these are current laws. How strictly they’re enforced – we’re guessing not so strictly on most of these but technically you still can get in trouble for them.
We really don’t expect to have to bail anyone out of jail for many of these but if you or someone you know is arrested for breaking one of these odd California laws, our bail bonds will get you out of jail just as quickly as a bail bond for a “real” more serious crime.