12 Mar The Golden State of California has its Share of Weirdness
There is no doubt that California is a pretty dang awesome state to live in. We have an entire coast on one side of our state and major attractions like the Redwood Forest, the Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood, and Disneyland. We have great weather, delicious food, amazing wine, many sports teams, and beautiful people. We are nicknamed the Golden State and so many people love coming here to visit, or even relocate altogether! There is much to gawk about here in California.
However, as golden as we are, we have our oddities too, including weird, wacky laws. We are skeptical of how enforced they are, but nonetheless, you can technically be arrested for violating one of these:
- Throwing a frisbee at a LA county beach without getting the lifeguard’s permission.
- Ladies only – driving while wearing a housecoat.
- Riding a bike in a swimming pool in Baldwin Park.
- Wearing cowboy boots in Blythe if you do not own at least 2 cows.
- Eating ice cream while standing on the sidewalk in Carmel.
- Driving a herd of cattle down the street in Chico.
- Owning and/ or playing a pinball machine in El Monte.
- Annoying a lizard in a Fresno city park.
Do these weird CA laws entertain you? There are plenty more of them out there. Like we said, although it is highly unlikely you would be arrested for committing such a crime, it can happen. The arresting officer might just be having a really bad day.